Financing Law School
Questions to Ask about Financial Aid
As you speak with representatives from law schools, here are some of the questions you should ask as a prospective law student:
- Are there forms in addition to the FAFSA that I must complete for your school?
- Does your school have a priority deadline for the FAFSA?
- How is eligibility for financial aid determined at your school?
- Does your school consider parental income information?
- What does your cost of attendance include?
- What kinds of scholarships are available? Specifically, ask about merit- and need-based scholarships.
- What types of loans are available? What is your average loan debt?
- Will I be able to work during law school? Are there any on-campus jobs or work-study positions available?
- What is the job placement rate at your law school, and what is the salary range for your graduates?
Keep in mind that the law school is the primary source of information regarding money for legal education.
Why not? (Provide additional feedback below. NOTE: If you have a question or concern regarding your specific circumstances, please go to the Contact Us page.)
Please enter a comment.
Thank you for your feedback.