The LLM Application Process
- Search for law schools according to types of graduate law programs offered.
- View application requirements for each program.
- Save a list of schools and programs that interest you.
- Choose to provide a Candidate Referral Service (CRS) profile that schools can use to recruit you.
Register Now for Basic Service
– $75 fee, good for five years, plus $21 for each law school report
- Arrange for transcripts to be sent once to LSAC for forwarding to law schools (evaluation not included).
- Arrange for letters of recommendation to be sent once to LSAC for forwarding to law schools.
- Complete and transmit admission applications online.
- Arrange for English proficiency exam scores to be sent once to LSAC for forwarding to law schools.
Register Now for Document Assembly Service
(for LLM applicants educated outside the US only) – $125, in addition to $75 for Document Assembly Service
- Arrange for official institution documents to be sent once to LSAC for evaluation, authentication, and transmission to participating law schools.
Register Now for International Transcript Authentication and Evaluation Service
If you earned your JD from a US law school, and you are applying to a school that requires you to forward your documents to LSAC, then you must register for the LLM CAS Document Assembly Service. If you earned your first degree in law outside of the US, and you are applying to a school that requires you to forward your documents to LSAC, then you must register for the International Transcript Authentication and Evaluation Service, in addition to the Document Assembly Service.
If you will be applying to JD and LLM programs in the same academic year, you will need to register and pay for the Credential Assembly Service for JD applicants and the LLM Credential Assembly Service; however, you will only need to forward one set of transcripts, letters of recommendation, and English proficiency exam scores (if applicable). The documents will become part of both accounts.
An LSAC account number will be assigned to you when you complete your online registration. No credential assembly or evaluation will begin until the registration fee is paid in full; the registration fee is not refundable once credential assembly or evaluation has begun.
Credit Card Denial/Stop Payments
If your credit card is denied, a hold will be placed on your file. No credential assembly, evaluation, or law school reporting will occur until the outstanding balance is paid in full. Credit card denial will not automatically cancel your registration for LLM CAS.
LLM Credential Assembly Service (LLM CAS) fees are only partially refundable, due to the fact that processing costs are incurred in the registration process, regardless of whether you actually use the service.
Because of the large volume of registrations received, LSAC cannot prevent the processing of a registration once it is submitted. Refund policies apply to all methods of registration and are enforced without exception.
If we have not yet received your first degree in law transcript, no letters of recommendation have been received, and no electronic applications have been sent to LSAC for processing, LSAC will refund $38 of the Document Assembly Service fee, $63 of the International Transcript Authentication and Evaluation Service fee and the fees paid for the law school reports. Your request must be in writing and received before your LLM Credential Assembly Service (LLM CAS) registration expires. Your refund will take approximately six weeks to process, and your service will be canceled.
For all refund requests, include your name, address, LSAC account number, signature, and date. Mail to:
LLM Credential Assembly Service
PO BOX 8511
Newtown PA 18940-8511
or fax to 215.504.1456.
Why not? (Provide additional feedback below. NOTE: If you have a question or concern regarding your specific circumstances, please go to the Contact Us page.)
Please enter a comment.
Thank you for your feedback.