Posted: June 29, 2021
Summary of Position
Under general supervision of the Assistant Dean for Admissions and Financial Aid, the Admissions Coordinator manages the application process in the Admission and Financial Aid Office for an annual pool of 3,000 - 4,000 J.D. applications, analyzing data, designing, implementing, testing/troubleshooting and maintaining key processes relevant to admission application processing and review, recruitment, and communications with prospective students, applicants, admitted students, and the public. Serve as lead for the Admission Assistant and undergraduate student personnel. Utilize online and computer-based technology to communicate and exchange data with the Law School Admission Council and to the Law School Registrar. The Coordinator also manages the recruitment process and related communications, performs student advising and represents the law school at recruitment events on as-needed basis.
- Stand for extended periods of time during events.
- Prolonged sitting and extensive keyboard use for several hours each day.
- Lift and move boxes of recruitment materials weighing up to approximately 30 pounds.
- Work in shared work space with interruptions from traffic, conversations, office equipment, etc.
- Work occasional overtime to meet operational needs, including weekend events.
- Vacation limited to holidays and non-peak periods: mid-November through mid-December, late June ? early August.
- UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) will be strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows environment, MS Office (especially Excel), and Adobe Acrobat.
- Organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge to advise applicants and general public about admission requirements and procedures.
- Analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills to identify and define problems or issues, gather appropriate options, and implement solutions.
- Experience managing large projects, monitoring progress and evaluating results.
- Writing skills, including skills to prepare information in logical form for diverse audiences and purposes.
- Computer skills and database management experience.
- Skills to innovate, streamline, and improve upon essential functions.
- Law school admissions and financial aid experience or equivalent work in the higher education arena of undergraduate, graduate or professional schools.
- Knowledge of overall university organization, policies, procedures and practices.
- Experience with ACES2, or similarly complex admission database, Constant Contact or similar email communication platform, design software or platforms (Photoshop, Illustrator, Canva), and social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
This position is a critical position and subject to a background check. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation including criminal history and identity checks.
How to Apply
Apply via UC Davis Careers website, job ID 19966