Posted: May 12, 2021
Summary of Position
Independently perform a variety of admissions activities including recruiting, evaluating and participating in the selection of candidates for admission in accordance with university and departmental policies.
As an Admissions Officer you will:
Work directly with a high-energy team to recruit, select, and yield the most promising J.D. talent across the globe.
Respond to inquiries from admitted students and develop strategic messaging to improve the post-admissions process.
Manage I-20, Source of Support, and other visa-related processes for admitted and enrolling HLS J.D. students in coordination with HLS staff and the Harvard International Office (HIO).
Serve as a key team member on a range of yield programs for admitted students in coordination with a variety of partners ranging from faculty, faculty assistants, HLS staff, and external vendors.
Typical Core Duties
- Recruit, evaluate, and make recommendations on the selection of candidates for admission
- Counsel and advise prospective students regarding application process, degree programs and other inquiries; lead information and recruitment sessions
- Plan and manage and execute, domestic and international recruitment trips to identify and target prospective applicants; develop marketing strategies to attract applicants
- Prepare and analyze reports to improve outreach and recruitment efforts
- Develop relationships with university personnel, professional organizations, students, parents, alumni and secondary school staff
- Represent university as the spokesperson at high level admissions events and/or functions
- Ensure compliance with university admissions policies and procedures and applicable legal rules and regulations with respect to students’ rights to privacy
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant work experience
Additional Qualifications and Skills
We are looking for people who have:
Sound judgment, discretion with highly confidential data, and strong writing and problem solving skills
Demonstrated ability to manage large programs/projects and comfort working across high-functioning teams
Prior experience with Slate Technolutions or similar relationship-management software preferred
Work is performed in an office setting
Comfort with local, national and occasional international travel as public health guidance permits
Will be required to work nights and weekends at certain points in the admissions cycle
Be a part of excellence and leadership in legal education and scholarship at Harvard Law School. We are a community of talented people from diverse backgrounds, lived experiences, and perspectives, dedicated to advancing the cause of justice all over the world. We value our differences and our diversity as a source of strength. We are committed to developing and inspiring our students and our workforce. Whoever you are, whatever you do, however you do it, Harvard Law School is a place where you can thrive.