Posted: August 13, 2021
Summary of Position
Organization: The University of Oklahoma College of Law
Job Location: Oklahoma-Norman-Norman Campus
Work Schedule: M-F, 8AM to 5PM, and as needed for recruiting events
Salary Range: $47,500 to $52,000 based on experience
Benefits Provided: Yes
Required Attachments: Resume, Cover Letter
Job Description: Serve as a member of the OU Law Student Services and Admissions teams to recruit JD candidates. Administer programs for identifying and recruiting students; conduct tours of OU's Law Center for potential students and their families; visit law firms, schools, colleges, job fairs, and disseminate recruiting, admissions, and scholarship information as directed. Assist with administering the recruitment scholarship program and designing and implementing overall recruiting strategy. Make presentations about OU Law degree programs at job fairs, graduate school fairs, conferences, and pre-Law meetings. Conduct informational meetings at undergraduate schools.
Promote the OU Law JD program and answer questions from prospective students by phone, email, instant messaging, text message, social media and in-person.
Schedule and provide logistical support for informational meetings at various locations around the state and country, including the OU Law Center.
Other duties as assigned, including data entry and other clerical tasks.
Important Reminder: Resume and Cover Letter must be attached and checked as RELEVANT to this listing or your documents will not be visible to the hiring department!
Required Education: Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education/job related experience, AND
- 0 to 24 months experience in student services and recruiting
- Effective oral communication skills, including the ability to conduct effective interviews.
- Effective written communication skills, including the ability to compose and proofread professional e-mails, letters, and essays.
- Computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office and social media.
- Must be able to create and deliver effective presentations to both small and large groups.
- Ability to work independently and exercise superior decision-making skills.
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple projects and deadlines.
- Frequent travel within Texas and nationally for multi-day recruitment events and conferences.
- 15% - 20% travel required.
- Must be willing to work some evenings and weekends.
- Strong interpersonal skills including ability to communicate well and build rapport quickly with students, prospective students, faculty and staff.
- Valid driver’s license required for 15-20% travel schedule.
Advertised Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to crouch, pull, push, reach, stand, walk, feel, touch, engage in repetitive motions.
- Communicate, including expressing oneself or exchanging information with others,
- See, including color, depth perception and clarity.
- Hear, including receiving detailed information orally.
- Frequent exposure to pressure caused by deadlines and busy periods.
- University of Oklahoma degree.
- Juris Doctorate.
- Knowledge of University of Oklahoma departments and resources.
- No supervisory duties.
If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the policy, visit http://www.hr.ou.edu/Policies-Handbook/TB-Testing.
Hiring contingent upon a Background Check?- Yes
How to Apply
Apply by visiting: https://ou.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=212911&tz=GMT-05%3A00&tzname=America%2FChicago