Posted: September 2, 2021
Summary of Position
Summary of Job Duties:
The Senior Research Assistant is responsible for supporting the alumni and fundraising efforts of the Assistant Dean for External Relations at the William H. Bowen School of Law. In this role, the employee is required to collaborate with units within the university, Bowen faculty and staff, students and alumni. This position is governed by state and federal laws, and agency/institution policy.
- Bachelor's degree is required.
Preferred Education and/or Experience:
- Experience working in a fundraising/alumni relations environment is preferred;
- Preference to those who have marketing and social media experience;
- Special event experience would be highly beneficial in this position.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate and manage the office, including general duties such as preparing letters, filing, emails, phone, and receptionist;
- Maintain the department budget, initiate purchase requisitions, and monitor expenditures;
- Respond to inquiries from students, faculty, staff, and outside constituents/alumni;
- Assist in making travel arrangements and in filing for reimbursement;
- Attend and assist in alumni board meetings, dean’s advisory council meetings and young alumni committee meetings by scheduling, coordinating the agenda, taking attendance and minutes, transcribing minutes, and disbursing minutes to our constituents in a timely manner;
- Maintain proficiency in University computer programs and software applications;
- Assist in preparing reports, outreach materials, and other documents;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Process and receipt donations that come into the alumni/development office at Bowen ensuring the contributions are credited to the correct donor account and thank you notes go out within 48 hours;
- Assist the Assistant Dean for External Relations in special event planning and execution;
- Solicits annual fund gifts from Bowen's young alumni constituency;
- Manage Bowen's annual fund campaign to include Giving Tuesday and a spring giving day;
- Manage the alumni/development office's social media presence, including but not limited to Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, TiKTok, etc.;
- Manage the update of the alumni/development website;
- Manage the update of the donor wall;
- Manage the alumni database shared with main campus development to ensure Bowen alumni records are up to date;
- Manage the alumni/development communications outreach to ensure timely dissemination of information, events, and activities to students, faculty, and outside constituents;
- Responsible for working with the Assistant Dean for External Relations and the Director of Communications to create content and ensure timeliness of the alumni newsletter.
HR Processes and Supervising
- Initiate hire process for alumni/development intern;
- Supervise alumni/development intern.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Familiarity with the local legal community;
- Ability to manage student hourly workers;
- Ability to work independently to manage projects, such as the ability to prioritize projects and manage multiple projects simultaneously, with strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and meeting deadlines;
- Ability to work with and maintain confidential information;
- Excellent listening skills, verbal skills, and written communication skills;
- Proficiency in using office software (Microsoft Word, Workday, PowerPoint, Excel, Gmail, Googledocs), as well as social media platforms.
Required Documents to Apply:
Cover Letter/Letter of Application, List of three Professional References (name, email, business title), Resume