Posted: May 26, 2023
Summary of Position
Essential job duties include the following:
• Work with senior law school administration, other members of the senior administrative staff, and with law school faculty, on matters relating to academic policy including implementation of academic policies. Oversee registration, graduation checks, and other aspects of student records. Oversee the administration of exams. Oversee the administration of ADA-approved and ESL language accommodations for classroom and testing environments.
• Oversee and provide academic counseling to students. Deal with student concerns both related to and adjacent to their law school experience. Communicate with students with regard to academic deadlines, programs, events and other important information. Organize programming for students including new student orientation and student wellness initiatives.
• In cooperation with the Vice Dean, curate, including continual updating, a comprehensive student handbook setting forth Law School and university policies. Identify areas where current policies are inadequate, propose new policies to senior administration and the faculty, and implement new policies after approval by senior administration and/or faculty.
• Oversee and assist student organizations. Advise and work closely with student organizations and monitor their activities and budgets as well as educate organization leaders on law school and University policies. Schedule and chair meetings of the Dean’s Student Advisory Board, and act on recommendations and questions raised at those meetings. Serve as ex officio non-voting member of the Student Affairs Committee. Oversee and serve as staff representative on the Student Wellness Committee.
• Oversee the investigation and adjudication of student personal and academic misconduct, consistent with the processes and standards in the handbook and Honor Code.
• Supervise and direct the work of direct report employees including work assignment, promotion, discipline, and performance appraisal. With oversight of Vice Dean, hire new employees as needed to maintain appropriate staffing levels for your department.
• Advise the Vice Dean on matters relating to curriculum, student organizations and activities,
• Serve as liaison with other schools and university offices of student affairs and deal with university officials on matters related to student affairs.
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities for this position include excellent communication skills; good organizational skills; good writing and editing skills; the ability to engage with people; leadership skills; and management skills.
Compensation for this position based on education, skills, and experience, up to $90,000, not inclusive of benefits.
Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status.
How to Apply
Review of materials will begin immediately and will continue until the appointment is made. All applications must be submitted online prior to June 26, 2023. For a description of the position and to apply, please visit https://jobs.iu.edu.