Posted: September 22, 2021
Summary of Position
The University of Maryland’s Francis King Carey School of Law is welcoming applications for an energetic, entrepreneurial self-starter to join the admissions team as an Assistant Director of Admissions. The position will have an emphasis on recruitment but will assist in the many aspects of law school admissions and will give the successful candidate valuable exposure to this exciting field. The Admissions Office oversees the recruitment and enrollment for Maryland Carey Law’s prestigious law programs for JD, LLM, and MSL students and offers a fun, friendly, and dynamic atmosphere which values its team members’ ideas and allows for ownership over individual processes. Maryland Carey Law is located in downtown Baltimore, Maryland, and is a short walk from the Inner Harbor and other historic neighborhoods all while only a 40-minute train ride from the nation’s capital.
Reporting to the Associate Dean for Admissions, the Assistant Director supports all aspects of the admissions and recruiting functions, such as attending recruitment fairs, coordinating prospect and applicant outreach efforts, managing applicant visits, using social media to connect with prospective students, arranging, planning and implementing on-campus and off-campus events, application review, applicant interviewing, and other back-end admissions work as needed. This position requires regional, national, and international travel, excellent analytical and interpersonal skills, the ability to use sound judgment, tact, and diplomacy in a professional setting, and the ability to use data to support the planning of outreach activities and events. The Assistant Director must be able and willing to travel as needed and to incur travel expenses for reimbursement.
UMB was ranked one of America's Best Large Employers by Forbes Magazine (Feb 2021).
This EXEMPT position offers a generous benefits package that includes 22 vacation days, 14 floating and holidays, 15 sick days; comprehensive health insurance and retirement options; and tuition remission for employees and their dependents at any of the University System of Maryland schools.
UMB requires all faculty, staff, and students to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions for medical or religious reasons will be processed through Human Resources.
- Assist with the oversight, implementation, and participation of all outreach and engagement activities relating to new student recruitment, including:
- recruiting travel to represent Maryland Carey Law at regional, national, and international events.
- diversity-related recruiting events.
- the recruitment calendar.
- online outreach initiatives, including chat sessions, webcasts, webinars, and social media postings.
- all on-campus and off-campus Admissions events.
- counseling to prospective students and applicants regarding all aspects of the law school application process.
- Review and evaluate application files and conduct admission interviews for the JD program.
- Assist with additional admissions projects and activities, including:
- Oversee/assist with work study students to support admissions functions.
- Generate database reports as assigned.
- Application processing and database support as needed
- Assist with the recruitment initiatives for the Master of Laws (LL.M.) and Master of Science in Law (MSL) programs as needed.
- Monitor the Admissions Webpage on a monthly basis for needed updates.
- Other duties as assigned.
Hiring Range: Commensurate with education and experience (Mid $50K to low $60K)
UMB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy. For assistance related to employment, please contact the Staffing department at HRJobs@umaryland.edu.
If you anticipate needing a reasonable accommodation for a disability under the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), during any part of the employment process, please submit a UMB Job Applicant Accommodation Request. You may also contact HRDiversity@umaryland.edu. Please note that only inquiries concerning an ADA request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
How to Apply