Posted: August 4, 2021
Summary of Position
The Assistant Director of Admissions works in partnership with the Assistant Dean of Admissions, the Admissions team, and the Associate Director of Graduate Programs to develop and implement effective strategies to accomplish the department’s goals. The position requires a professional with an understanding of the state of law admissions and with a diverse skill set. Specifically, this position participates in
(1) law school admissions’ recruitment, counseling, and evaluation
(2) marketing and communication planning
(3) key stakeholder outreach, recruitment, and data management
(4) strategic planning, and special project execution
(5) enrollment and yield management.
This position reports to the Assistant Dean of Admissions and requires occasional weekend and evening work, as well as frequent domestic business travel to attend law school recruiting activities and relevant professional conferences and events.
Applications are encouraged from people of color, individuals of varied sexual and affectional orientations, individuals who are differently-abled, veterans of the armed forces or national service, and anyone whose background and experience will contribute to the diversity of the law school. Pace is committed to achieving completely equal opportunity in all aspects of University life.
• Assist with the interpretation of surveys and market research findings/tracking reports that lead to actionable and successful enrollments to plan and implement regional and national recruitment strategies.
• Implement content management system and web page campaigns to link prospective students to fall recruitment schedules based on IP addresses and other data points.
• Process registration, arrange business travel and participate in law school recruitment fairs, forums, and other events across the country to attract JD and LL.M candidates,
• Cultivate relationships with prospective students, pre-law advisors, and peer law schools for JD recruitment.
• Counsel prospective JD students regarding programs, application processes and strategies, financial aid and law school selection,
• Plan, direct and execute on-campus visits and events for prospective and admitted students (JD) and provide support to the Associate Director of Graduate Programs for LL.Ms.
• Develop, maintain and improve social media marketing strategies and platforms,
• Create and maintain web, print, and merchandise for admissions marketing publications and recruitment materials,
• Recruit current students, alumni, faculty, and other law school staff to participate in admissions activities and programs,
• Recruit, train, and manage current students in Student Mentor Program,
• Analyze prospect and applicant data to determine feeder schools and develop outreach programs with stakeholders at those schools,
• Manage relationships with joint degree and accelerated degree partners to promote enrollment into those programs.
• Participate in strategic planning to improve the overall functioning of the department,
• Undertake all planning and execution of designated projects as assigned by the Assistant Dean of Admissions,
• Remain current with best practices in enrollment management, and trends and issues as they relate to the recruitment of students and leveraging of financial aid
• Edit and transfer prospect and applicant data in all admissions systems (ACES and Banner) and Excel for JD candidates and provide support to the Associate Director for LL.M candidates for enrollment management,
• Read, evaluate and recommend decisions for prospective JD student applications,
• Develop analytical tools and strategies for tracking and improving yield, including financial aid leveraging.
• Performs other such duties as assigned from time to time.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience required; JD preferred.
• A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in a demanding professional work environment is required.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
• Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills a must.
• Demonstrated ability to work with culturally diverse stakeholders.
• Demonstrated ability successfully to manage and multi-task projects with a high degree of attention to detail and accuracy.
• High degree of proficiency with database, publication, spreadsheet, and other basic business software.
• Sound judgment, discretion, and tact in a highly confidential professional setting.
• Ability to use and maintain social media platforms and web editor.
• Strong demonstrated commitment to professional development.
• Driver’s License and ability to travel for admissions student recruitment, additional hours needed for in-person events and programs.
Monday through Friday 9 AM to 5 PM; will require travel for admissions student recruitment, additional hours as needed for in-person events and programs.
How to Apply
Attention Job Applicants: Welcome to our new and improved Careers@Pace employment website! Please note you will need to create a new applicant profile to apply to our open postings.
To monitor the status of any previously submitted applications in our old Careers@Pace employment website please click here to be redirected.
If you need assistance, please contact the Human Resources Office at 914-923-2730.