Posted: November 13, 2023
Summary of Position
The Assistant Director of Law Admissions works cooperatively with the Dean, the Law Faculty Admissions Committee, and is under the direct supervision of the Director of Law Admissions. This position will assist in the duties and responsibilities listed below and has a key role in the success of the Office of Law Admissions.
Serves as the main point of contact for prospective students and implements the prospective student recruitment and communication plans. Plans recruitment events, on and off-campus, and is a dotted line supervisor to the law alumni recruiter. Directs the Summer Starter Program applications and interviews.
• Assist in the daily routine of the admissions process.
• Review applicant files for admission decisions, assist with the Admissions Committee, host on-campus visitors.
• Manage and maintain the Unite database through the Law School Admission Council (LSAC).
• Serve as the point person for the Summer Starter Program: Review all applications, coordinate interviews, and collect decision recommendations.
• Serve as a key resource to prospective students by providing admissions counseling.
• Coordinate frequent fall recruitment travel to meet with students at undergraduate fairs and law school forums nationwide.
• Train and coordinate schedules for the law alumni recruiter(s) during the fall recruitment season.
• Coordinate logistics for all recruitment events on campus, including accepted student days, Fall Preview Day and Summer Starter Interview Days.
• Supports all fall orientation activities and coordinates logistics for all sessions.
• Assist the Director of Law Admissions and the Director of Law Communications in the development of the admission recruitment plan through effective strategies for communication.
• Implement the recruitment communications plan.
• Assist the Director of Admissions in developing relevant admissions webinars and strategize new ways to engage prospective and admitted students.
Travel: This position requires regular out-of-town travel, especially in the fall, in addition to occasional evening and weekend activities. Attendance at yearly work conferences is also required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Familiarity with Google Suite and Microsoft Office
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with a diverse and wide range of people with great tact, discretion, and confidentiality
• Must project a positive and professional image
• Ability to work effective in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
• Must be able to work standard business hours of 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. plus occasional weekend and evenings as needed
• Familiarity with Constant Contact
• Recruitment and travel experience
• Ability to work well in a team dynamic
• Self motivator
• Passionate about Higher Education
Benefit package includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription insurance, Life insurance, Workers’ Compensation insurance, Unemployment insurance, and Total Disability insurance. Retirement: The University contributes 4% of the regular salary with up to 3% additional in matched contributions into the TIAA Retirement Program. Other benefits include tuition remission for employee, spouse, and employee’s dependent children under the age of 25 (this does not include the last two year of the PharmD program or the JD), twenty days of vacation and twenty days of paid medical leave per year.
• 1-2 years related work experience; admissions experience preferred
• Bachelor’s degree
• Valid driver’s license required
• Master’s Degree
• Familiarity with recruitment and marketing strategies
ONU is an equal employment opportunity employer. Accordingly, no person shall be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, transgender status, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all areas of employment including recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, discipline, separation and other terms, condition and privileges of employment. ONU celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment.
How to Apply
Apply online via jobs.onu.edu