Posted: June 16, 2021
Summary of Position
Assistant/Associate Director for JD Admissions
The George Mason University, Antonin Scalia Law School invites applications for the Assistant/Associate Director for JD Admissions. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
About the School:
George Mason University’s Antonin Scalia Law School is a Top 50 law school, located in Arlington, VA, just two miles from downtown Washington, D.C. A relatively young law school, Scalia Law offers students an opportunity to pursue a JD, JM, or an LLM.
About the Position:
The Assistant/Associate Director of JD Admissions will perform a wide variety of duties for the Admissions Office. The Assistant/Associate Director must be familiar with the law school’s admission requirements, curriculum, and miscellaneous factual data, including but not limited to: faculty/student ratio, cost of attendance, admissions and enrollment statistics, bar passage, residency requirements, and career placement. The Assistant/Associate Director’s duties require weekday and weekend overnight travel.
- Assist in application review for all JD applicants including transfer and visiting students application;
- Conduct admissions interviews to assess the ability and quality of applicants;
- Contribute to the admissions and scholarship decision making processes;
- Manage the recruitment efforts for the Admissions Office, including developing metrics for recruiting events, supporting analysis and reporting on recruitment events and prospective students, managing recruitment and prospective students’ data, scheduling recruitment events, and maintaining the recruiting calendar and the recruitment database;
- Represent Scalia Law by traveling to and participating in recruitment events;
- Provide counseling and tours for prospective students;
- Manage the Student Ambassador Program;
- Plan and execute on and off campus events for prospective students;
- Assist in coordinating on and off campus events for admitted students;
- Assist creation of admissions brochures and marketing materials, prospective student and admitted student communication plans, and marketing emails.
- J.D./Advance degree or Bachelor’s degree with equivalent experience in higher education;
- Demonstrated excellence with written and verbal communication, including ability to give presentations to large groups;
- Strong organizational, administrative, and interpersonal skills that indicate an ability to work independently, as well as part of a team;
- Ability to work effectively and utilize a range of communication channels with students, faculty, administrators, staff, and community members from a wide and diverse background;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated experience in the admissions field and working with diverse students;
- Experience with development of print and electronic marketing communications;
- Experience with admissions database (ACES2 and Banner).
How to Apply
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number FA46Dz at http://jobs.gmu.edu; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three work-related professional references with contact information.