Posted: January 7, 2022
Summary of Position
Under supervision and direction of the Director of Admissions and in partnership with all team members in the Office of Enrollment Management, the Associate Director of Admissions will play an important role in the selection of an entering class that meets institutional expectations. This position will be primarily responsible for leading or assisting with matters related to (1) student recruitment and outreach; (2) application review; (3) enrollment and yield management; (4) overseeing the admission process for the UC Hastings Legal Educational Opportunity Program; (5) recruitment, training, and supervision of student workers (Admissions Fellows); (6) recruitment, training, and supervision of remote graduate application reviewers; (7) general operational and technical support of the Admissions Office’s systems environment, including ACES2 and UNITE; (8) supporting the Director of Admissions and the Senior Assistant Dean of Enrollment Management on other tasks and projects as needed.
Typical duties and responsibilities consist of, but are not limited to, the following:
- Representing UC Hastings at in-person and virtual law school recruitment events throughout the country;
- Cultivating relationships with, counseling, and communicating with prospective students, applicants, pre-law advisors and other interested parties on UC Hastings’ academic offerings, the application process, and financial aid options;
- Leading outreach efforts for transfer and visiting students;
- Evaluating applications and recommending admission decisions for 1L applicants, Transfer, and Visitor applicants;
- Serving as the Admissions Office’s liaison to the Legal Education Opportunity Program, to include training members of the LEOP Admissions Committee;
- Serving as the Admissions Office’s liaison to affinity group student organizations;
- Serving as the office’s principal liaison with the Director of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion;
- Recruiting, training, and supervising student workers (Admissions Fellows);
- Recruiting, training, and supervising Graduate Application Reviewers;
- Actively participating in and contributing to the planning of admissions events (both virtual and in-person), including information sessions, DEI-related events, and yield events;
- Actively participating in and contributing to the development of JD marketing and communication campaigns;
- Assisting in organizing and leading in-person and virtual information sessions;
- Assisting with special projects assigned by the Director of Admissions or the Senior Assistant Dean for Enrollment Management; and
- Actively contributing to improving the admissions operations at UC Hastings.
How to Apply
Submit a cover letter (required) and resume via the UC Hastings website. The link is below.