Posted: January 13, 2023
Summary of Position
Reporting to the Director of Admissions, School of Law, the Associate Director of Admissions and Diversity, School of Law is responsible for building the overall strategy for, creating the components of, and executing a law school in-person admissions events plan. The Associate Director has primary responsibility for building and executing a data-driven law school admissions diversity recruitment plan. The position also plays a key role in the execution of the law school marketing strategy.
- Envision and build an event strategy designed to yield a law school class that meets enrollment goals.
- Coordinate and execute all aspects of in-person and virtual prospective and admitted student events,
- Oversee event budget and ensure return on investment.
- Report results of event strategy to the Associate Dean of Enrollment & Strategic Initiatives.
- Evaluate and assess candidates for admission to the law school. Issue final admission decisions on whether candidates who meet Admissions Committee goals are admitted.
- Create a travel strategy for the admissions office in support of recruitment goals.
- Assign admissions team members to trips in consultation with the Director of Admissions.
- Interact with prospective students and their families, current students, and Pre-law Advisors through various mediums and in person.
- Communicate with applicants to request additional information or documentation when needed.
- Build an admissions diversity recruitment plan involving outreach, events, and marketing collateral.
- Monitor diversity enrollment data to spot trends and make strategic recommendations.
- Report on plan and trends to both the Associate Dean of Enrollment & Strategy and the Law School Faculty Admissions Committee.
- Build relationships with key area high schools for annual School of law visits.
- Travel the country to engage targeted pre-law advisors and pre-law societies at primarily BIPOC serving institutions.
- Identify, build, and maintain relationships with key players on these campuses.
- Facilitate the recruitment of students for and execution of the LEAD Pre-Orientation Programming.
- Maintain relationships with law student affinity groups and utilize their voice in building and executing strategy.
- Utilize the CRM's reporting features to capture data and identify areas of success and areas in need of improvement in regular reports to the Director of Admissions.
- Serve as author and editor on all portions of the web site related to Admissions.
- Manage the resources on the Admitted Student Web page and consult with the Dean of Students' Office to ensure the website is accurate throughout all phases of the admissions cycle.
- Assist the Director to design comprehensive prospect, applicant and admitted student marketing emails and communications plans utilizing CRM (Customer Relation Management) software.
- Monitor for effectiveness of communications strategy.
- Create inquiry forms as needed to collect data for use both internal use and for our digital marketing partners.
- Oversee and maintain the law school's chat-bot, responding to questions and requests in a timely manner.
- Work with the admissions/enrollment team to maintain School of Law and Admissions Facebook, Twitter, and other social media presences.
- Manage, motivate and evaluate staff.
- Assume the Director's responsibilities for the operation of the School of Law Admissions office, in the absence of the Director.
- Travel to recruitment events all over the United States and Canada including night and weekend events.
- Participate in determining office procedures and strategy.
- Provide support to process application files for review by the Admissions Committee and to process final decisions.
- Liase with the Dean of Students office to assist with Orientation.
- Coordinate communications with other offices for various projects, along with the Director.
- Respond in a timely manner to all telephone and general law admissions email inbox.
- Master's degree.
- Three years' experience in legal higher education or five years in a general higher education or legal setting.
- Experience in event and marketing strategy and execution.
- Prior customer relations experience.
- Strong knowledge of social media.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to deal effectively with a variety of individuals and constituencies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong organizational skills, including high attention to detail and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced University environment.
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure, to function effectively in a team and service-oriented environment.
- Willingness to do extensive travel (including 7-10 day stretches) throughout the United States and Canada during the Fall Semester.
- Ability to work weekends while running events.
- Valid driver's license.
- Juris Doctor degree
At the University's discretion, the education and experience prerequisites may be excepted where the candidate can demonstrate, to the satisfaction of the University, an equivalent combination of education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for success in the position.
Salaries for new hires at Roger Williams University usually fall between the minimum and midpoint salary ranges.
For this position that is $59,198 - $71,774
Roger Williams University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workforce. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable state and federal law. For information on our Non-discrimination policy, visit here.
RWU prohibits all forms of discrimination on the basis of sex in its education programs and activities and is required by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 (Title IX) and its implementing regulations not to discriminate in such a manner. Complaints of Title IX sexual harassment should be reported to the Title IX Coordinator at the contact information listed below. Details regarding the formal complaint process can be found here: Title IX Sexual Harassment Policy and Procedures. All complaints of sexual harassment will be taken seriously and responded to promptly. TITLE IX COORDINATOR: Dr. Jen Stanley, 1 Old Ferry Road, Bristol, RI 02809 / Phone Number: (401) 254-3123 /Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply
Please attach a resume, cover letter, and list of three (3) professional references. In your cover letter/letter of interest, in addition to listing how your qualifications meet the requirements of the position, please include information about how you would be able to contribute to RWU's diversity, inclusivity, and equity goals.
All employees must submit a vaccination card or complete an exemption form (available upon request) in order to provide a clear and accurate picture of campus vaccine prevalence. Please be assured that RWU closely safeguards the confidentiality of employee medical information, including documentation or other confirmation of the COVID-19 vaccination.