Posted: October 23, 2023
Summary of Position
The UNM School of Law seeks an Associate Director of Admissions & Pathway Initiatives. This full-time position reports to the School of Law’s Director of Admissions & Financial Aid. This position is responsible for developing and implementing pathways programs designed to increase awareness of the legal profession, maximize recruitment efforts, and support the goal of attracting and retaining an academically talented and diverse student population.
Main duties include:
- Assist the Director of Admissions & Financial Aid in developing, coordinating, and implementing recruitment and marketing strategies.
- Advise and support individual applicants and groups on the law school application and admission process, including the LSAT, academic preparation, extracurricular or co-curricular activities, personal statements, optional essays focusing on personal lived experiences, and overall best practices for developing an application for law admissions.
- Represent UNM Law School at local, state, regional, and national student recruitment events and other programs (this includes some evening, overnight, and weekend events and/or travel).
- Collaborate with undergraduate institutions, the Albuquerque Bar Association, State Bar of New Mexico, Law School Admission Council, and other associations to establish partnerships, develop programming designed to increase awareness of the legal profession, and maximize recruitment efforts.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with UNM’s Division for Equity and Inclusion, senior diversity officers, and school of law student organizations including, but not limited to, the Student Bar Association, Black Law Students Association, Lambda Law Students Association, Mexican American Law Students Association, Moms of Law, Native American Law Students Association, and Women’s Law Caucus
- Coordinate and host the on-campus recruitment and yield events for the law school.
- Serve as a member of the Law School Alumni Diversity Council.
- Create and analyze data summaries and reports to monitor and document success in meeting recruitment and retention goals.
- Assist with scheduling student visits to campus and meet with students during their campus visit.
- Track event attendance, inquiries, applicants, and decision status using Unite, Banner, and other relevant software applications.
- Other duties may be assigned by the Director of Admissions & Financial Aid
Interested candidates may contact Renee Ferrell, Director of Admissions & Financial Aid, at email@example.com or (505 277.0959 with any questions.
How to Apply
Applications will be accepted only through the UNM Jobs website. Please see the official job posting (link below) for application instructions.