Posted: August 4, 2021
Summary of Position
This position reports to the Assistant Dean for Admissions, the Associate Director of International Affairs and Graduate Programs will administer and supervise international programs and graduate enrollment at Pace University’s Elisabeth Haub School of Law in coordination with law faculty.
Applications are encouraged from people of color, individuals of varied sexual and affectional orientations, individuals who are differently-abled, veterans of the armed forces or national service, and anyone whose background and experience will contribute to the diversity of the law school. Pace is committed to achieving completely equal opportunity in all aspects of University life.
- Manages all aspects of graduate programs, including graduate student admissions, orientation, in consultation with Academic Dean advising, and bar admission counseling.
- Takes a lead role in the recruitment of students for the CLS, LLM, and SJD programs, including creating and/or overseeing the creation of recruitment materials, performing domestic and international outreach, and follow-up with potential candidates.
- Oversees support of international students from a “student life” perspective and manages degree progress of CLS, LLM, Visiting Scholars, and SJD students.
- Advises international students regarding visa issues, in conjunction with Pace University’s International Students and Scholars Office.
- Coordinates with Admissions, Career and Professional Development, Development, Communications, Student Services, Academic Success, and the Office of Student Affairs on new and ongoing international program initiatives.
- Oversees all international study abroad and exchange opportunities including execution and maintenance of MOU agreements with foreign institutions.
- Develops international contacts, LOI, MOU, MOA with non-US law schools and other institutions.
- Management of existing international relationships.
- Manages invitation, immigration, orientation, and settlement for 3 to 6 visiting scholars on campus at any given time.
- EHSOL website related to these programs; digital advertising; print advertising; outreach to immigrant communities in Tri-State Area (HNBA, LSSP); outreach and training to recruitment agencies approved by Pace University International Admissions Collaboration with Pace University English Language Institute for conditionally admitted students.
- In consultation with the Academic Dean, development of academic and administrative regulations, Graduate Handbook, Student Orientation for Fall and Spring semesters, Academic honesty and Honor Code training, potentially.
- Serve as an academic advisor for foreign students, including interfacing with faculty when students have issues.
- Work with ENV faculty to form SJD committees and monitor progress. LLM and SJD Admissions Review applications and supporting documents.
- Determine scholarship offers and work with individual applicants.
- Assists with immigration issues.
- Performs other such duties as assigned from time to time.
- JD or Master’s degree preferred
- A global perspective and experience working with individuals from diverse backgrounds is a must. Experience working at an institution of higher learning
- Preferred experience recruiting students for international programs and or experience overseeing handling study abroad and or internship opportunities for students
- Excellent communication skills, outstanding judgment and a commitment to serving the needs of students are also required.
Monday through Friday 9AM to 5PM with additional hours as needed
How to Apply
Attention Job Applicants: Welcome to our new and improved Careers@Pace employment website! Please note you will need to create a new applicant profile to apply to our open postings.
To monitor the status of any previously submitted applications in our old Careers@Pace employment website please click here to be redirected.
If you need assistance, please contact the Human Resources Office at 914-923-2730.