Posted: August 20, 2021
Summary of Position
UMKC School of Law seeks a highly motivated candidate to serve as Associate Director of Law Admissions. The person in this role will direct the School of Law’s day-to-day efforts related to admissions, recruitment, and outreach. This position will report to the Director of Law Admissions. Primary responsibilities include:
- Review applications and associated materials for J.D. and Transfer applicants, including managing communications regarding file completion and relevant status updates and making recommendations for admission within guidelines established by Director and Admissions committee;
- Manage data collection process and prepare reports as directed.
Recruitment & Outreach
- Supervise student emissaries and admissions recruiter in recruitment and outreach efforts.
- Facilitate connections and develop relationships with pre-law advisors, pipeline programs, prospective students, and other constituents.
- Direct recruitment strategies targeting underrepresented students in order to enhance the diversity of the Law School.
- Travel up to three weeks per year to promote UMKC Law at graduate and career fairs as well as coordinate appointments at local colleges and universities with pre-law clubs and advisors.
- Manage on-campus recruitment events such as Discover Law Day and Admitted Students’ Day.
- Manage scholarship communications with admitted students and law school leadership.
- Track scholarship disbursement and scholarship budget.
- Facilitate transfer of scholarship information to campus financial aid.
A Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience and at least 2 years of experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary.
- Successful applicants should be organized, able to manage multiple projects and competing deadlines, student-oriented, and excited to work on a team.
- Candidates should possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to learn new programs and technologies and have strong attention to detail.
- Juris Doctorate or Master’s degree in education, counseling, or communications, or an equivalent combination of education and at least 3 years of experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired.
- Experience in law practice, admissions, student services, counseling, advising, and/or customer service is a must.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
Full Time/Part Time
Full Time, Benefit eligible position.
How to Apply
1. Select the link to access our careers site.
2. Sign In to access your account or if you are not an existing user select the New User link to create one.
3. Review the job description (Job ID 38155) and select the Apply button to begin your application.