Posted: September 12, 2023
Summary of Position
Vermont Law and Graduate School (VLGS), located in picturesque South Royalton, is seeking a Director of Admissions to oversee its Admissions Department and enrollment of its JD (residential & hybrid), LLM, and Master’s programs. VLGS is a dynamic and fun place to work, where collaboration and team-work are part of the ethos, and Vermont is a wonderful place to live with plenty of outdoor activities including some of the best of hiking and skiing. We hope you will consider joining us.
The Director is responsible for the overall success of the Admissions Office, ensures new student goals are met, and admissions policies and procedures are followed. The Director oversees all operational functions of the office and prospective student communication, and is a strategic member of the enrollment management team, providing vision, coordination, reporting, and analysis of enrollment efforts.
Essential Functions and Principal Accountabilities:
- Oversee the admissions cycle from recruitment, application, and yield to matriculation.
- Develop, review, update, interpret, communicate, and implement admissions policies consistent with best practice standards for the profession and other governing bodies.
- Ensure processes, procedures, and standards uphold and strengthen the integrity of the admissions process.
- Create and manage applications for degree and non-degree programs.
- Create and manage workflow to support application processing and admissions operations. Ensure consistent data collection, reporting, and uniformity in student experience with the VLGS brand.
- Assist in developing and implementing enrollment strategies for degree and non-degree programs which support conversion and yield throughout the prospective student lifecycle.
- Create and implement an annual recruitment plan for each program.
- Assist in developing, cultivating, and maintaining strategic relationships with partner institutions and other entities.
- Coordinate and update relevant VLGS constituents in identifying partner relationships, drafting documents, enacting agreements, and the overall status of the partnership program. This includes but is not limited to the Dean of Admissions, the President’s Office, the Academic Dean(s), and relevant faculty and staff.
- Collaborate with partner institutions and entities to co-brand and develop joint marketing and web assets to promote partner agreements.
- Oversee all admission-related events. This includes on-campus admission events, individual visits from prospective students or partner constituents, and events hosted in partnership agreements.
- Oversee housing services at VLGS. This includes managing the housing website, coordinating with landlords as appropriate, collecting landlord fees, maintaining an accurate housing database, and handling or delegating student concerns as they arise.
- Develop and administer the admissions budget in consultation with the Dean of Admissions and Office Manager.
- Oversee the admissions team, hire and train new staff as needed.
- Lead efforts in improving efficiencies in operations and streamlining application processes. Monitor and ensure accuracy in admissions-related content for web, print, and email marketing and recruitment materials.
- Create, approve, and manage correspondence to prospects and applicants, such as drip campaigns, inquiry letters, decision letters, and event correspondence.
- Oversee evaluation and selection of applications for VLGS programs, including reading/reviewing applications for admissions and writing assessments of applications.
- Manage admissions calendar and timelines.
- Stay abreast of national trends in law school admissions, graduate admissions, and relevant student demographics. Attend conferences and trainings as appropriate.
- Serve on various committees both inside and outside of the law school.
- Represent the mission and vision of Vermont Law School in all interactions with prospective students, partner constituents, other key stakeholders, and external vendors.
- As necessary, conduct admission counseling appointments in-person and by phone, email, and virtually.
- Represent the law school nationally at various types of recruitment events.
- Prepare various statistical reports on inquiry conversion, application volume, national trends, yield analysis, recruitment events, and other data as requested.
- Assist with lead/inquiry and application processing operations, which include all on-campus and online learning programs.
- Perform general administrative work as necessary. This may include but is not limited to general word processing, database report generation, phone/office reception, making appointments, coordinating meetings, photocopying, and mail screening/sorting.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
How to Apply
Please attach a resume and cover letter for consideration.
If you are applying from a third-party website (Indeed, etc.) and are unable to attach additional materials to your online application, please apply directly at https://www.vermontlaw.edu/community/about-vls/employment-opportunities or email required documents to Christine Moyer, firstname.lastname@example.org.