Posted: August 22, 2023
Summary of Position
The Baylor Law Office of Admissions and Financial Aid at the School of Law seeks a self-motived Director of Admissions and Financial Aid. The Director of Admissions and Financial Aid plays a key role in helping to execute the law school’s strategic plan for enrollment. The person in this role will help with recruitment, counseling, applicant interviewing, application review, marketing, and event planning. This position requires someone who possesses strong communication and organizational skills as well as the ability to engage a diverse range of audiences. Must be willing to travel and work some nights and weekends, particularly during the fall recruiting season. Must have a willingness to learn and function well in a collaborative work environment.
A bachelor's degree, two years of relevant work experience, and an active Christian faith are required. A J.D. and four years of relevant work experience are preferred.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, Other Abilities:
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Experience in ACES2 or Unite preferred. Willingness to learn new processes and skills, and willingness to complete regular training for all systems used regularly.
- A basic understanding of student loans and financial aid processes preferred.
- Desire and ability to travel.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to follow through on projects independently.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment with a hard-working, dedicated team.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and to work collaboratively.
- Strong commitment to exceptional customer service.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
What You Will Do
- Educate prospective students about the law school’s academic programs, community, and admission requirements in an informative, accurate, and friendly manner.
- Meet with prospective students, applicants, and admitted students and provide guidance about the law school admission process and financial aid.
- Represent the law school at local, regional, and national law student recruitment events.
- Advise students about the financial aid process.
- Assist in the outreach to undergraduate advisors to create and maintain robust recruitment pipelines.
- Work with the Associate Director of Admissions to recruit and train student admissions volunteers; help create and maintain written training materials for volunteers.
- Serve as a principal administrative reviewer of JD applications.
- Assist with creating, planning, and executing on- and off-campus, virtual and in-person events for prospective and admitted students.
- Help identify and coordinate Baylor Law faculty, staff, students, and alumni for panels and other event appearances.
- Assist with the periodic update and creation of various print materials like brochures and other marketing pieces.
- Assist with the creation and dissemination of quality social media content representing the law school.
- Serve as backup for leading campus tours.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor in support of the Law School’s mission and the department meeting its goals.
How to Apply
Please click the link below to take the next step.