Posted: April 3, 2022
Summary of Position
Under the direction of the Dean, the Director, will be responsible for the development, and planning for the alumni programs that advance the mission and goals of Western State College of Law at Westcliff University. The primary responsibility is to facilitate alumni activities specifically designed to create and sustain meaningful relationships between alumni, WSCL and students, and to foster a life-long engagement with and commitment to the school. The Director will engage the alumni community in activities and programs; manage information and data pertaining to alumni contacts and participation; and work to advance alumni participation goals. In order to promote programs and events, the Director will lead efforts to create and disseminate regular, relevant and timely communications to the alumni base.
KEY JOB ELEMENTS:
- Manage the information and data pertaining to alumni contacts and participation.
- Handle alumni inquiries and promote alumni benefits to former and recent graduates of WSCL.
- Assist with conducting and administering seminars, receptions and a variety of institutional events. Oversee all aspects of event planning.
- Maintain and track information on MCLE programs both off and on-campus.
- Work with Career Services in developing placement opportunities for students with the WSCL alumni base.
- Compose and prepare newsletters, posters, brochures and other marketing and informational materials.
- Assist with data collection and statistical reporting
- Network with other law school alumni services professionals.
- Attend bar association and alumni lunches, dinners, and functions on a regular basis, and recruit student attendance at these events.
Reports to: Dean
Other (or Interacts with): Administration, Alumni, Faculty, Students, Department Heads, staff, and members of the local community.
- B.A. or B.S. degree from an accredited institution.
- Ability to use computerized systems with various office software to include database, publishing, spreadsheets, Internet, and word processing systems.
- Experience with development and fundraising a plus.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, including knowledge of accepted principles and practices of marketing and proven effectiveness in speaking on a one-on-one basis.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to pay attention to details in designing, implementing, and maintaining systems, projects and programs.
ENVIRONMENT: The Director will work closely with all areas of the school, including Admissions, Career Services, and Student Services. Outside contacts are principally with alumni, and associations. Within this work environment, the employee encounters a diverse population of staff and students.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position. All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an at-will basis unless otherwise contractually bound.
WSCL is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Fundraising: 1 year (Preferred)
How to Apply
Please click on the button below to be directed to this position's application page on Indeed.com.