Posted: March 13, 2023
Summary of Position
The University of Connecticut School of Law seeks candidates for a half-time position to serve as the Director of the Connecticut Community Law Center (CCLC), a law school project to allow new lawyers to serve low- and moderate-income clients, beginning August 1, 2023.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
• Manage the operations of CCLC, including intake and referral procedures, student volunteer supervision and training of CCLC lawyers.
• Establish and apply policies and procedures for operation of CCLC.
• Select and supervise CCLC lawyers and guide them in their law practice. • Hire and supervise mentor attorneys to teach classes and train CCLC lawyers.
• Supervise and teach students who conduct client intake interviews.
• Manage relations between CCLC and other organizations, including referral sources, courts, bar associations, and legal services organizations.
• Report to the governing board of CCLC and to the Law School regarding the operation of CCLC.
• Coordinate CCLC’s work with the Law School’s Career Planning Center.
• Assist with outreach programs and publicize CCLC.
• Manage CCLC budget.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
The position is at the Law School campus in Hartford. Salary will be commensurate with background, qualifications, and experience. This is a half-time, 6-month appointment. Extension of appointment will be based on funding and performance.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted by email to the search committee chair at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, list of three references, and a writing sample. Review of applications will begin immediately. Any questions about application materials may be directed to the search committee chair.