Posted: February 1, 2023
Summary of Position
The School of Law is seeking a full-time Financial Assistant 1 to support its business operations. Primary responsibilities are receiving, recording, and depositing all student fees and other monies collected according to established policy and providing financial support, as needed, in the business office.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Handles bursar, financial aid, accounts receivable/payable, and purchasing job duties and work activities for the business office. Assists in resolving problems which could include student billing/financial aid, purchasing, special payroll, accounts receivable/payable, travel, and other business office issues.
- Serves as a resource to students, staff, and others regarding bursar-related policies and procedures.
- Provides financial, administrative, and program support for the Law School business operations.
- Monitors, tracks, and maintains accurate financial records for the Student Bar Association. Prepares reports, as needed.
- Manages invoice processing. Verifies purchase orders and available funds for student organizations.
- Performs office management duties; directs the workflow and supervises the processing of administrative paperwork; reviews paperwork for accuracy and adherence to University and Department policies and procedures.
- Responds to requests for information and assists in solving a variety of problems of ordinary difficulty, based on knowledge of the procedures, practices, and past experience. Prepares statistical and historical reports for supervisor’s information and inclusion in Departmental reports.
- Monitors fiscal procedures for duplication, efficiency, effectiveness, and compliance with required policies and regulations, making modifications as needed.
- Maintains all fiscal records for the Department including purchasing, travel, and other disbursements.
- Verifies and enters details of transactions such as invoices, requisitions, and other disbursements.
- Balances books and compiles monthly reports to show statistics pertinent to the operation of the Department.
- Processes paperwork for Department financial transactions.
- Provides data for budget preparation and monitors expenditures for compliance with approved budget limits.
- Places orders with vendors and follows up to resolve problems and assure timely delivery.
- Performs monthly review/reconciliation of accounts tied to student organization operations.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
This is a full-time position. Candidates should expect to work at the Law School, located in Hartford, Connecticut. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Other rights, terms, and conditions of employment are contained in the collective bargaining agreement between the University of Connecticut and the University of Connecticut Professional Employees Association (UCPEA).
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
How to Apply
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs, Staff Positions, Search #497144 to upload a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three (3) professional references.