Posted: May 22, 2023
Summary of Position
The JD Admissions Counselor will join our vibrant admissions team in the beautiful Green Mountain State to help guide prospective students from across the globe through the enrollment process at Vermont Law School (VLGS). This individual serves as the primary contact for all individuals inquiring about the JD academic programs at the school. This position will help inspire and introduce VLGS to people looking for personal and professional growth and advancement in the legal field. This position will work primarily with JD students but must also be prepared to serve all constituencies. This is a full-time, in-person position.
Essential Functions and Principal Accountabilities:
- Serve as a primary first point of contact for prospective student inquiries and effectively convey each program's academic offerings, opportunities, and admissions processes.
- Conduct counseling appointments in-person and by phone, email, video chat, or other relevant formats as necessary. • Answer a variety of correspondence via telephone, email, in person, web chat, or social media.
- Connect prospective students with relevant stakeholders on-campus and with alumni as appropriate. • Assist with transfer and international recruitment efforts as needed.
- Assist with the planning of, attending, and presenting at on-campus recruitment events.
- Assist with signing up for, attending, and presenting at off-campus recruitment events.
- Represent the law school at national forums, law and graduate fairs, including presentations to faculty, pre-law advisors, and relevant student groups.
- Assist and collaborate with the Office of Student Affairs and Diversity on the planning and executing of new student orientations.
- Assist with the Campus Visit Program. This includes assisting with on-campus events and individual campus visits, scheduling campus appointments, creating detailed itineraries, conducting campus tours, organizing student tour guides, and contacting faculty and other departments as necessary to accommodate visitors.
- Assist with On-Campus and Virtual Events.
- Assist with the VLS Housing website, database, and landlords. Assist VLS community members in finding housing.
- Represent the mission and vision of Vermont Law School in all interactions with prospective students, key stakeholders, and external vendors.
- Assist with all email communication between Admissions and event stakeholders, including invitations, confirmations, thank you, feedback Surveys, etc.
- Assist with managing the I-20's for international students.
- Assist in general projects as directed by the Assistant Dean of Admissions.
- Perform general administrative work in support of department efforts. This may include but is not limited to: word processing, database report generation, phone/office reception, making appointments, coordinating meetings, etc.
- A Bachelor's degree, or equivalent combination of relevant experience and education, is required
- Demonstrated excellence in customer service
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Database and CRM Management experience with strong proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Intermediate technology competency, including some experience with social media
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and deadlines and reorganize under pressure
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Ability to handle stressful situations with professionalism, tact, and humor
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality of sensitive data
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to interact with diverse populations
- Ability to manage prospective students, parents, and community members professionally and tactfully
- Some travel, evening, and weekend hours may be required
- Dedication to the VLGS mission
- Physical ability to perform all essential functions of the job with or without basic accommodations
- Must be able to work legally within the United States without sponsorship
Salary Description: $50,000-$55,000/year.
How to Apply
For your application to be considered for this position, please submit an application including a resume and cover letter.