While participating in this event, titled LSAC Law School Forum (the “Event”), sponsored by the Law School Admission Council, Inc. (“LSAC”), “social distancing” must be practiced and face coverings must be worn at all times to reduce the risks of exposure to COVID-19. Due to the fact that COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is spread primarily via person-to-person contact, LSAC has put in place reasonable preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19, provided, however, that LSAC cannot and does not guarantee that the Event participants or others in attendance will not become infected with COVID-19. In light of the ongoing spread of COVID-19, individuals who fall within any of the categories below should not attend the Event. By registering for and attending the Event, you certify that you do not fall into any of the following categories:
- Individuals who currently or within the past fourteen (14) days have experienced any symptoms associated with COVID-19 , which include fever, cough, and shortness of breath, among others;
- Except for traveling to the applicable city for purposes of attending the Event, individuals who have traveled at any point in the past fourteen (14) days either internationally or to a community in the U.S. that has experienced or is experiencing sustained community spread of COVID-19; and/or
- Individuals who believe that they may have been exposed to a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 or who have been diagnosed with COVID-19 and are not yet cleared as noncontagious by state or local public health authorities or the health care team responsible for their treatment.
DUTY TO SELF-MONITOR:
By registering for this Event, you agree to self-monitor for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 (symptoms typically include fever, cough, and shortness of breath, etc.) and to contact LSAC at events@LSAC.org if you experience symptoms of COVID-19 within 14 days after participating in the Event.
LIABILITY WAIVER AND RELEASE OF CLAIMS:
You acknowledge and agree that you derive personal satisfaction and a tangible benefit by virtue of your attendance at the Event, and you voluntarily and willingly register for and attend the Event understanding the risks associated with your attendance of the Event related to COVID-19.
RELEASE AND WAIVER:
YOU HEREBY RELEASE, WAIVE, AND FOREVER DISCHARGE ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, AND DEMANDS OF WHATEVER KIND OR NATURE AGAINST THE LAW SCHOOL ADMISSION COUNCIL, INC. AND ITS AFFILIATES AND SPONSORS, INCLUDING IN EACH CASE, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THEIR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, VOLUNTEERS, CONTRACTORS, VENDORS, SUBCONTRACTORS, AND AGENTS (THE “RELEASED PARTIES”), EITHER IN LAW OR IN EQUITY, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DAMAGES OR LOSSES CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE, FAULT, OR CONDUCT OF ANY KIND ON THE PART OF THE RELEASED PARTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DEATH, BODILY INJURY, ILLNESS, ECONOMIC LOSS, OR OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES, OR LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, WHICH YOU, YOUR HEIRS, ASSIGNEES, NEXT OF KIN, AND/OR LEGALLY APPOINTED OR DESIGNATED REPRESENTATIVES MAY HAVE OR WHICH MAY HEREINAFTER ACCRUE ON YOUR BEHALF, WHICH ARISE OR MAY HEREAFTER ARISE FROM YOUR REGISTRATION FOR AND ATTENDANCE AT THE EVENT.
ASSUMPTION OF THE RISK:
You acknowledge and understand the following:
- Participation includes possible exposure to and illness from infectious diseases including but not limited to COVID-19. While particular rules and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious illness and death does exist by your attendance of the Event;
- You knowingly and willingly assume all such risks related to illness and infectious diseases, such as COVID-19, even if arising from the negligence or fault of the Released Parties, by registering for and agreeing to attend this Event; and
- You hereby knowingly assume the risk of injury, harm, and loss associated with the Event, including any injury, harm, and loss caused by the negligence, fault, or conduct of any kind on the part of the Released Parties.
MEDICAL ACKNOWLEDGMENT AND RELEASE:
You acknowledge the health risks associated with registering for and attending the Event. You agree that if you experience any of the aforementioned symptoms or any other symptoms during the Event, you will immediately discontinue your attendance of the Event and seek appropriate medical attention. YOU HEREBY RELEASE AND FOREVER DISCHARGE THE RELEASED PARTIES FROM ANY CLAIM WHATSOEVER WHICH ARISES OR MAY HEREAFTER ARISE ON ACCOUNT OF ANY FIRST AID, TREATMENT, OR MEDICAL SERVICE RENDERED IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR ATTENDANCE OF THE EVENT.
As a registrant and participant of the Event, you recognize that your registration, participation, and/or attendance at the Event is voluntary and may result in personal injury (including death) and/or property damage. By registering for and attending or participating in the Event, you acknowledge and assume all risks and dangers associated with your registration, participation, and/or attendance at the Event, and you agree that: (a) the Law School Admission Council, Inc. (b) the property or site owner of the Event, and (c) all Released Parties will not be responsible for any personal injury (including death), property damage, or other loss suffered as a result of your participation in and attendance at the Event, regardless if any such injuries or losses are caused by the negligence of any of the Released Parties (collectively, the “Released Claims”). BY REGISTERING FOR, ATTENDING, AND PARTICIPATING IN THE EVENT, YOU ARE DEEMED TO HAVE AGREED TO ENTIRELY AND WHOLLY RELEASE THE RELEASED PARTIES FROM ANY LIABILITY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
2021-22 In-Person Forum Dates
Saturday, September 25 – Chicago
Register by Sept. 23
Friday, October 8 – San Francisco
Register by Oct. 6
Friday, October 22 – Atlanta
Register by Oct. 20
Friday, November 5 – New York
Register by Nov. 3
Saturday, November 6 – New York
Register by Nov. 4
Saturday, November 13 – Los Angeles
Register by Nov. 11
Please note: An LSAC account is required for forum registration.