Important LSAT Dates and Deadlines
April 2024 LSAT: International Administration
Europe, Africa, and the Middle East
Australia and New Zealand
Asia and South Pacific Islands
South America, Central America, Mexico, and Caribbean (Excluding Puerto Rico & U.S. Virgin Islands)
Beginning with the August 2023 LSAT, most test takers will have the option of whether to take the test at home in an online, live, remotely proctored format or in-person at a digital testing center. Our goal in offering two different test modes is to give each test taker a choice of which option works best for them. Regardless of whether one chooses to take the LSAT remotely or at a test center, the content of the test will remain exactly the same.
Explore your options:
This is important.
- As required by Chinese law, we are actively working with the National Education and Examination Authority (NEEA) to resume in-person testing of the LSAT in China. Until such arrangements are finalized, the LSAT will only be offered remotely and online to test takers located in Mainland China. We currently anticipate offering in-person testing of the LSAT, in collaboration with the NEEA, at several locations in Mainland China starting in April 2024. We will continue to post updates on our websites as they become available, so please check back regularly.
- Scheduling dates for each administration will be updated as they become available.
Test Dates and Details
|Primary Test Dates||Friday, April 12, 2024|
|LSAT Writing Available||Wednesday, April 3, 2024|
|Scores Released * Learn more about Score Release||Wednesday, May 1, 2024|
We strongly urge you to register early. Requests for testing accommodations are due by the receipt deadlines below.
If you do choose to register on a deadline day, please do so during our business hours. If you have technical problems with your registration after business hours, we will not be able to extend deadlines. All receipt deadlines are by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (ET).
|Registration Deadline||Thursday, February 29, 2024||$222|
|Accommodation Request Deadline (for test takers with disabilities)||Thursday, February 29, 2024|
|Assistive Technology Request Deadline||Thursday, February 29, 2024|
|Scheduling Opens (via Prometric)||TBD|
|Scheduling Closes (if testing at a center)||TBD|
|Scheduling Closes (if testing remotely)||Tuesday, April 9, 2024|
Please note that the fees listed below are in addition to your test registration fee.
All receipt deadlines are by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (ET).
|LSAT Score Preview||Wednesday, April 10, 2024||$45|
|Saturday, April 20, 2024 through Monday, April 29, 2024||$75|
|Test Date Change||Thursday, February 29, 2024||No charge|
|Friday, March 1, 2024 through Tuesday, March 5, 2024||$135|
|Wednesday, March 6, 2024 through Wednesday, April 10, 2024||$222|
|Registration Refund||Thursday, February 29, 2024||$222 refund|
|Friday, March 1, 2024 through Tuesday, March 5, 2024||$50 refund|
- Scores are released to test takers at 9 a.m. ET via the test taker’s LSAC online account.
- Scores will only be released if the test taker has an approved LSAT Writing sample on file and there are no holds on their account. If you are a first-time test taker, you must complete LSAT Writing before your score can be released.
- Your score will be released to the schools to which you have applied at the same time it is released to you, unless you have purchased the LSAT Score Preview option.
- If you have granted permission to your prelaw advisor to see your score, it will be released to that prelaw advisor on the day following the day it is released to you.
- If you purchased Score Preview, your score will be released to others only after you have chosen to have it released, or at the end of the Score Preview period if you have not canceled the score.
Note: These dates are subject to change.