Reaffirming Individuals Supporting Education (RISE) AllianceTM
Under the leadership of Executive Director Jay Austin
About the RISE AllianceTM
Reaffirming Individuals Supporting Education (RISE) Alliance is a national center within LSAC designed to support the leadership and professional development needs of student-facing law school staff. LSAC aims to better unify the student learning journey from prelaw to practice, and to support all individuals throughout, in order to advance equity in the profession. Supporting those on the front line — people in law school admission and financial aid, diversity, and student services roles — is important to that mission. Under the leadership of Executive Director Jay Austin, one of the country’s most respected admission deans and a leading voice in intersectional community building, RISE serves as a strategic collaborator to:
- Identify, establish, and facilitate ongoing programming to advance culturally competent, inclusive leadership and professional development of student-facing law school staff.
- Develop and share best practices in support of the professional success of minoritized staff and create, host, and contribute to a culture of belonging for DEI professionals at member schools.
- Coach/assist student-facing law school staff, especially members of minoritized groups and other individuals, to advocate for themselves and ensure their voices are heard and valued.
- Support identity groups to strengthen their engagement with each other and LSAC.
- Enhance awareness of the value proposition of communicating diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging matters to further community building.
The center will initially focus on professional development aimed at advancing antiracist approaches to supporting law school staff and the students they serve.
“LSAC is excited to further support its member law schools by helping to build capacity and community among the dedicated professionals who help build the foundation for the student journey from prelaw to practice.”
President and CEO, LSAC
“LSAC has long-standing commitments and initiatives that promote access and equity in legal education, and we must bolster our efforts in a thoughtful and strategic way so that, eventually, the legal profession reflects the diversity of everyone it serves.”
Chief Diversity Officer, LSAC
From the Executive Director
“At its core, RISE Alliance will operate to amplify and promote individual capacity, especially standing in support of staff who recognize how their own multiple identities frame their professional lives.”
— Jay Austin, Executive Director of RISE AllianceTMMore about Jay Austin
LSAC Launches New Center to Support Law School Staff
LSAC, a champion for quality, access, and equity in law and education worldwide, has launched a national center designed to support student-facing law school staff…Read the Full Press Release
We want to hear from you! Please reach out to us at RISEAlliance@LSAC.org.