What is the LLM Credential Assembly Service (LLM CAS)?
LLM CAS simplifies the application process for eligible graduates of universities or law schools who want to obtain an LLM or other graduate law degree from a participating U.S. law school. Our service allows you to request just one copy of all your official academic documents and letters of recommendation for submission to LSAC. When your selected schools request these credentials, we will forward those documents to them.
How does LLM CAS work?
There are two parts to the Credential Assembly Service, including the Electronic Application Service (EAPS), the Document Assembly Service (DAS), and the International Transcript Authentication and Evaluation Service (ITAES).
However, there is no fee for the services listed below:
- You have your transcripts sent once to us for processing.
- You have your letters of recommendation sent once to us for processing.
- You have your English proficiency exam scores sent once to us.
- You create an account to search for and save a list of law schools and programs of interest to you.
- You create a Candidate Referral Service (CRS) profile that law schools can use to recruit you.
Electronic Application Service (EAPS)
- You can complete and transmit your admission applications online. (Note: Individual law school application and report fees are not included in the EAPS fee.)
Document Assembly Service (DAS)
- We forward your LSAC-processed documents to law schools.
International Transcript Authentication and Evaluation Service (ITAES)
- This service is for applicants educated outside of the United States who require authentication and evaluation of their official academic records.
- It must be purchased in conjunction with the Document Assembly Service.
What does LLM CAS cost?
|Electronic Application Service (EAPS)||one-time fee of $35|
|Document Assembly Service (DAS)||one-time fee of $50|
|International Transcript Authentication and Evaluation Service (ITAES)||one-time fee of $135|
|Law School Reports||$30 for each law school report we send|
|Law School Application Fee||Varies by law school. Fee is noted on the application.|
LLM CAS does not offer any fee waivers for EAPS, DAS, or ITAES. However, some law schools offer application fee waivers or coupons for applicants using LLM CAS.
How do I get started?
Make sure you don’t miss any steps in the application process. Our checklist will help you keep track of your progress.