Maximize Your Law School’s Potential With LSAC’s Expertise in Legal Education
With a decades-long history of successfully working with its member schools, LSAC understands your mission and wants to support your success. We offer a comprehensive suite of individually tailored services designed to address your unique needs and help your school achieve its institutional goals.
Partner with the experts from LSAC Legal Education ConsultingSM to:
We Know Law Schools Inside and Out
Our team has an unparalleled understanding of the data, trends, and cycles that shape legal education. We are deeply embedded in the law school community, constantly gathering interpretive insights, and using cutting-edge data analytics to stay ahead of the curve. You can trust us to protect your information with our security protocols and unwavering commitment to integrity.
Collaborative Discovery Focused on Your Objectives
When we meet to discuss your school’s unique goals and challenges, we become your partner in developing the best approach to address your priorities and help you reach your goals.
Not a “One Size Fits All” Solution
Knowing that no two law schools are the same, we provide customized solutions to meet your distinct goals and needs.
How We Work With You
Explore Our Capabilities
Predictive Enrollment Modeling and Assessment
Increase your confidence in your school’s ability to predict enrollment, including class size, LSAT and GPA medians, and net tuition revenue, more accurately. We provide solutions that align with the goals of your leadership team.
- Written analysis of past enrollment and scholarship data supplemented with corresponding charts and graphs (related spreadsheets are also available)
- Customized models and scholarship grids (printed and electronic) with recommended awards by highest LSAT score and undergraduate GPA
- Ability to select criteria such as part-time, hybrid, in-state, and more
Department Leadership and Strategy Review
Get a fresh perspective on department procedures, staffing, and policies to understand the skills a leader should possess. We will meet with you to learn more about your current practices and operations, and we can assist in the hiring process for key administrative staff if needed.
Together with you and your team, we will analyze the operation and performance of areas such as admissions, career services, academic success, and student affairs. We will understand the challenges, identify opportunities, and apply industry best practices to recommend practical steps to enhance and elevate the work and processes of these areas.
- A written report offering a detailed analysis of job roles and responsibilities, including areas for improvement and recommendations for revisions and restructuring
- A detailed written analysis of departmental strengths and areas of opportunity, with comprehensive, specific recommendations for process and staffing enhancements
- Analysis of enrollment management data, including tables and charts (provided as appropriate)
- Extended or ongoing support and guidance are available
- A fresh perspective on department procedures
Staffing Support Services
Fill the gaps in your current staffing with experienced help from LSAC. When you run into staffing challenges and are already working to fill them, we can fill the gap until you get the team in place. Available for a variety of roles, we can take on administrative tasks such as application processing or database management. And if you need help with strategic work, we can step in to help with professional support for class management or goal setting. In times of crisis, we're here to help, providing the staffing support you need to keep your admission office running smoothly.
- Define the staffing support needed for your school with a contract allocating specific hours to your needs.
- Provide a range of work scope available, from administrative assistance to temporary leadership in the admission department.
- Choose between virtual support or on-site assistance, depending on your preferences and requirements.
- Stay informed about the progress and status with detailed reports provided on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure the smooth operation of your department, including conducting meetings with staff and providing coaching when necessary.
Digital Marketing Services
Boost your recruitment efforts by reaching your target audience with precision. Our proven media tactics make a high impact across channels where your audience is actively engaged. We'll collaborate with you to create a cost-efficient media plan that leverages LSAC's database targeting and digital media expertise to connect with individuals who have shown an interest in legal education. We’ll help you convert interested prospects into qualified applicants and achieve your recruitment goals.
- Access to a highly qualified audience of LSAC account holders and site visitors
- A documented media strategy showing the best media mix based on your goals
- A comprehensive media plan that includes audience-specific targeting plus creative asset needs and specifications, including easy-to-use copy sheets
- Scheduled check-ins to review campaign progress and suggest refinements as needed
Custom Report Creation and Evaluation
Make better-informed decisions with customized reports and dashboards that condense your vast enrollment information into powerful data analyses and visualizations. The value of your enrollment data multiplies when analyzed in the context of trend comparisons using aggregated regional and national data.
- You will receive a customized group of dynamic or static reports in a variety of useful formats, including CSV, XLS, XLSX, and PDF, with filters for ad hoc analysis.
- Schools that select a reports subscription model will also receive an annual review of their reports, enabling you to adjust from year to year.
- When you need more than reports, we can collaborate with you to transform your data into compelling stories and actionable insights.
NextGen Bar Exam Readiness Assessment
Prepare your students for the NextGen Bar Exam with a clear understanding of the exam's requirements and actionable guidance on how to tailor your curriculum appropriately. As the exam shifts toward a writing and skills-based assessment, conventional methods of preparing students will no longer suffice. We will help you develop the curricula and programming necessary to support your students in meeting the new licensing standards. Specifically, we can assist in infusing your curriculum with practical skills training that tracks the competencies tested on NextGen and required for the effective practice of law. With our service, your law school will be well prepared to help students navigate the new bar exam and achieve success.
- Evaluation of your existing curriculum with an emphasis on NextGen competencies
- Guidance on appropriate assessment tools to measure NextGen readiness
- A roadmap for defining appropriate curricula and educational innovation
Academic Program Evaluation
Maximize the rigor of your academic program with our expert guidance using an academic evaluation process uniquely tailored to your needs and goals. Working collaboratively with your school, we’ll review the effectiveness of your academic program (or a subset of it), using data as the underpinning of the review. This holistic evaluation will identify ways to improve the quality of your academic program; provide feedback to faculty and administrators; and ensure that programs, policies, and curricula are producing desired outcomes.
- Collaboration with law schools to design and implement an evaluation plan
- Comprehensive data collection to support your program evaluation
- A written report with evaluation rubric and actionable insights
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Consulting
Implement best practices across curricula, student life, and campus culture and support the success of all students with our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Consulting. These essential training and coaching options empower faculty, staff, and students to spot and overcome subconscious bias while promoting a welcoming and inclusive environment for all students. By embracing diversity and inclusion, your law school will attract and retain top students and cultivate a more modernized campus climate. Our consulting service will educate your faculty, improve interactions with diverse viewpoints, and help your school align with its mission to diversify the legal profession.
- A comprehensive 360-degree training approach ensures the integration of best practices throughout your entire law school.
- We'll provide a thorough review and recommendations for your Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion policies.
- Training programs are carefully customized to meet the specific needs of your school, ensuring optimal results.
- Flexible coaching and training options are available, allowing you to choose in-person sessions or remote sessions based on your preferences.
Work with us to build a customized strategy to achieve your institutional goals. Our comprehensive approach begins with a discovery discussion about the specific challenges your institution is facing. Topics covered can include enrollment management, training, bar passage, strategic planning, accreditation, and much more.
- A written report of your law school’s strengths and opportunities, including detailed analysis, identified areas for improvement and efficiencies, and recommendations
- Analysis of data, including tables and charts (provided as appropriate)
- A presentation and facilitated discussion with your school’s leadership to review our findings, recommendations, and next steps for success
What People Are Saying About Legal Education Consulting
Cornell Law School
“While at my former law school, we received notice that we were losing our admissions coordinator mid-cycle, a month prior to our first enrollment deposit and three months prior to our database transition to Unite. We were in a panic as we were already understaffed and did not have a trained back-up for the position. I reached out to John Miller at LSAC’s Legal Education Consulting Services and he responded quickly. Within weeks we had remote support that not only provided coordinator services but also assisted in the training of our new hire in the role. LSAC was a true operational partner, and we will be forever grateful and indebted to them for their support.“
Monica Ingram, Vice Provost for Enrollment Management, Seattle University School of Law
Texas Southern University, Thurgood Marshall School of Law
“The LSAC Legal Education Consulting group wrote an excellent report assessing Thurgood Marshall School of Law’s current curriculum and Office of Academic Support (OAS) programming. It made helpful recommendations to our faculty for improving our curriculum to prepare our students for the NextGen bar examination.“
Okezie Chukwumerije, Interim Dean and Professor of Law
University of Arkansas at Little Rock – William H. Bowen School of Law
“The LEC team was very helpful in developing a recruitment strategy when we suddenly lost all our admission staff. They stepped right in and made sure we were able to admit and deny students as well as process applications in a timely manner.“
Theresa Beiner, Nadine Baum Distinguished Professor of Law and former Dean
Vermont Law and Graduate School
“Partnering with LSAC Legal Education Consulting has helped us navigate through difficult times. Their deep knowledge of legal and policy education, admissions, data modeling, and trends in the industry helps schools like us prepare for the future. They offer real solutions with a client-first mindset. I recently reached out again to ask for LEC’s help to increase our applications. They responded immediately to offer a discovery session to talk through the new digital marketing service. It’s refreshing to know that there is a team at LSAC dedicated to our success and the success of all member schools.“
Katie Merrill, Dean of Admissions
Ave Maria School of Law
“Having started this role mid-cycle with no staff and a high volume of pending applications, I was ecstatic to learn of LSAC’s consulting services. Legal Education Consulting has become a true innovation partner for me - analyzing and helping us streamline our processes, counseling us on best practices, supporting the hiring of new staff, and offering extensive training while helping us implement new features and automation. The team hit the ground running alongside me and together we are building an admissions office of the future. I could not be happier with my decision to bring them on board.“
Roxanna Cruz, Associate Dean of Admissions
Cornell Law School
“Cornell Law School used LSAC’s Legal Education Consulting Services (LEC) over the course of four months as we transitioned JD Coordinators and from ACES2 to Unite. Our LEC Coordinator provided top level service at all stages of the contract and we are very pleased with having used LSAC for this service. Also gained was a better understanding of our systems, improvements for future use, and a JD Coordinator who knows their role better. Our relationship with our LEC Coordinator added value to the process and to future collaborations with LSAC. The service provided was well worth the cost of our contract.“
Michael Cummings, Interim Assistant Dean of Admissions, Cornell Law School
We’re Ready to Work With You
Legal Education Consulting is part of LSAC’s commitment to innovation and new offerings to support law schools. Law school staff are invited to contact LEC@LSAC.org to schedule a no-cost consultative discussion on how we can work together to achieve institutional goals.
More Resources on LSAC.org
A Deeper Look at Legal Education
Keeping Up to DataSM, a podcast by LSAC, has returned for an all-new season of engaging conversations on the data trends shaping the world of legal education.
Law School Applicants and Applications
Stay up to date with the latest volume data on law school applicants, applications, and LSAT test takers in the U.S. and Canada. Updated daily!