Important LSAT Dates and Deadlines
November 2023 LSAT
United States (Including Puerto Rico & U.S. Virgin Islands) and Canada
Beginning with the August 2023 LSAT, most test takers will have the option of whether to take the test at home in an online, live, remotely proctored format or in-person at a digital testing center. Our goal in offering two different test modes is to give each test taker a choice of which option works best for them. Regardless of whether one chooses to take the LSAT remotely or at a test center, the content of the test will remain exactly the same.
Explore your options:
Taking the LSAT at a Test Center
Test Dates and Details
|Primary Test Dates||Friday, November 10, 2023
Saturday, November 11, 2023
|LSAT Writing Available||Thursday, November 2, 2023|
|Scores Released * Learn more about Score Release||Wednesday, November 29, 2023|
We strongly urge you to register early. Requests for testing accommodations are due by the receipt deadlines below.
If you do choose to register on a deadline day, please do so during our business hours. If you have technical problems with your registration after business hours, we will not be able to extend deadlines. All receipt deadlines are by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (ET).
|Registration Deadline||Thursday, September 28, 2023||$222|
|Accommodation Request Deadline (for test takers with disabilities)||Thursday, September 28, 2023|
|Assistive Technology Request Deadline||Thursday, September 28, 2023|
|Scheduling Opens (via Prometric)||Wednesday, October 4, 2023|
|Scheduling Closes (if testing at a center)||Wednesday, October 11, 2023|
|Scheduling Closes (if testing remotely)||Tuesday, November 7, 2023|
Please note that the fees listed below are in addition to your test registration fee.
All receipt deadlines are by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (ET).
|LSAT Score Preview||Thursday, November 9, 2023||$45|
|Saturday, November 18, 2023 through Monday, November 27, 2023||$75|
|Test Date Change||Thursday, September 28, 2023||No charge|
|Friday, September 29, 2023 through Tuesday, October 3, 2023||$135|
|Wednesday, October 4, 2023 through Thursday, November 9, 2023||$222|
|Registration Refund||Thursday, September 28, 2023||$222 refund|
|Friday, September 29, 2023 through Tuesday, October 3, 2023||$50 refund|
LSAT Score Release — Quick Facts
- Scores are released to test takers at 9 a.m. ET via the test taker’s LSAC online account.
- Scores will only be released if the test taker has an approved LSAT Writing sample on file and there are no holds on their account. If you are a first-time test taker, you must complete LSAT Writing before your score can be released.
- Your score will be released to the schools to which you have applied at the same time it is released to you, unless you have purchased the LSAT Score Preview option.
- If you have granted permission to your prelaw advisor to see your score, it will be released to that prelaw advisor on the day following the day it is released to you.
- If you purchased Score Preview, your score will be released to others only after you have chosen to have it released, or at the end of the Score Preview period if you have not canceled the score.
Note: These dates are subject to change.