Important LSAT Dates and Deadlines
April 2023 LSAT
United States (Including Puerto Rico & U.S. Virgin Islands) and Canada
About the Test Format
Given the expressed preference of the substantial majority of test takers, LSAC will continue to provide the LSAT in an online, live remote-proctored format. Learn more about the test format.
Test Dates and Details
|Primary Test Dates||Friday, April 14, 2023
Saturday, April 15, 2023
|LSAT Writing Available||Thursday, April 6, 2023|
|Scores Released * Learn more about Score Release||Wednesday, May 3, 2023|
Note: Registrants with approved paper-and-pencil accommodations will test on Tuesday, April 18.
We strongly advise you to register early. Requests for testing accommodations are due by the receipt deadlines below.
If you do choose to register on a deadline day, please do so during our business hours. If you have technical problems with your registration after business hours, we will not be able to extend deadlines. All receipt deadlines are by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (ET).
|Registration Deadline||Thursday, March 2, 2023||$215|
|Accommodation Request Deadline (for test takers with disabilities)||Thursday, March 2, 2023|
|Assistance Request Deadline (for required technology, internet access, or quiet space)||Sunday, March 26, 2023|
Please note that the fees listed below are in addition to your test registration fee.
All receipt deadlines are by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (ET).
|LSAT Score Preview||Thursday, April 13, 2023||$45|
|Saturday, April 22, 2023 through Monday, May 1, 2023||$75|
|Test Date Change||Thursday, March 2, 2023||No charge|
|Friday, March 3, 2023 through Sunday, March 12, 2023||$135|
|Monday, March 13, 2023 through Thursday, April 13, 2023||$215|
|Registration Refund||Thursday, March 2, 2023||$215 refund|
|Friday, March 3, 2023 through Sunday, March 12, 2023||$50 refund|
LSAT Score Release — Quick Facts
- Scores are released to test takers at 9 a.m. ET via the test taker’s LSAC online account.
- Scores will only be released if the test taker has an approved LSAT Writing sample on file and there are no holds on their account. If you are a first-time test taker, you must complete LSAT Writing before your score can be released.
- Your score will be released to the schools to which you have applied at the same time it is released to you, unless you have purchased the LSAT Score Preview option.
- If you have granted permission to your prelaw advisor to see your score, it will be released to that prelaw advisor on the day following the day it is released to you.
- If you purchased Score Preview, your score will be released to others only after you have chosen to have it released, or at the end of the Score Preview period if you have not canceled the score.
Note: These dates are subject to change.