When you register for the LSAT, you will be required to upload a photo to your LSAC online account. This photo assists LSAC in ensuring the security and integrity of the LSAT is maintained. Please make sure your photo meets the following requirements:
- The photo must be a recent and recognizable photo of only you. You must be facing the camera, with only your head and shoulders in the picture.
- Your facial features must be clearly visible with no shadows or obstructions.
- The background in the photo should be plain and should not obscure your identity.
- The photo you upload must be a different photo than the one on the government-issued ID that you will present to take the test. (Do not scan or photograph that ID photo for uploading to your LSAC account.)
- The photo must completely fill the 195px by 195px photo box displayed in your online account during the upload process.
LSAC will retain your photo only as long as needed to assure the authenticity of test scores and to protect the integrity of the testing process.
Note: When you upload your photo, you will be able to use our photo crop-and-rotate tool.
Examples of ACCEPTABLE Photographs
Examples of UNACCEPTABLE Photographs
Only your head and shoulders should be in the photograph.
Face should not be obscured.
No sunglasses, dark lenses, or lens glare that obscures the eyes.
Image should not be blurred, fuzzy, pixelated, or out of focus.
Entire head should be visible and no side profile pictures.
Only you should be in the photo.
Photo is too small. Your head and shoulders must fill the 195px by 195px box.